Electrical/Electricity Online Distance Learning Course
Welcome to our Online Distance Learning Course.
The need for experienced individuals to repair computers, wire homes, maintain office building, repair appliances, install heating and air conditioning systems, install cable, and more is ever growing. However, with each of these jobs there is a requirement to be fully knowledgeable of basic electricity and electrical principles.
If you are looking for a career in any one of the listed professions (Who Should Take This Course?) you will need to master the basics of electrical and electricity fundamentals.
A distance learning electrical course from Bay State School of Technology will give you the knowledge you need to take the next step to advanced training for almost any profession that deals with electricity and electronics. This course will provide you with a solid foundation on which you can build. The course is simple to follow and it´s easy to learn the principles of each training modules. Whether you intend on continuing your education or apprenticing in any of the listed trade professions you will start with a firm footing beneath you.
Who Should Take This Course?
If you are interested in pursuing a career in anyone of the fields listed below you should take this course first as it is required by all professions. By learning the fundamentals now you will be gaining a fast track to your career of choice. This course is designed to get you in the door for your first job.
- Appliance Service Technicians
- Automobile Mechanics
- Office Machine Technicians (for copiers, faxes, printers, etc.)
- Computer Service Technicians
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technicians
- Alarm Technicians
- Boat Mechanics
- Hotel & Apartment Complex Maintenance Mechanics
- TV & Home Entertainment Sound System Repairers
- Home Owners who want to understand Electricity and Wiring Diagrams
- Medical Equipment Technicians
- Vending Machine Service Technicians
- Hobbyists (Electric Trains and cars, electronics, etc.)
- Anyone working on electro/mechanical equipment
What will You Learn?
Students will study the history of electricity, its origin, its discovery, and development since discovery. The elements of Ohms Law, including voltage, current, and resistance, will be covered and explained. Series and parallel circuits, capacitors, resistors, transformers, motors and switches will be studied. Students will learn to use a multi-meter to measure voltage, current, and resistance, and will also learn to read wiring diagrams. Read more!